أخبار عاجلة
4 مؤثرات عالمية استثنائية تتجاذب أسعار النفط -

Police issue shelter-in-place order after 3 shootings in Newfoundland

Police issue shelter-in-place order after 3 shootings in Newfoundland
Police issue shelter-in-place order after 3 shootings in Newfoundland

اخبارالعرب 24-كندا:الخميس 22 سبتمبر 2022 01:10 مساءً The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary say they've arrested a man wanted in connection with three shootings in the Conception Bay South area Thursday. 

This is a breaking news story. A previous version appears below

An armed man is on the loose and police are telling people in Conception Bay South to shelter in place after at least two people were injured in three separate shootings Thursday.

In an emergency alert, the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary said they're searching for 31-year-old Matthew Jeremy Fowler.

He's 6' 5", 200 lbs and has tattoos around his neck. Fowler has dark hair and brown eyes, and police say he's driving a black Subaru Legacy, licence plate JFH 710.

Police are "advising the community to shelter in place (remain in your residence, work or indoors), with entrances secured, while police search for the suspect."

This is the emergency alert from the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary, sent at 1:39 p.m. NT on Thursday. (Matt McCann/CBC)

The NLESD has placed all schools on the northeast Avalon Peninsula that hadn't already dismissed for the day in secure mode.

"Students and staff will remain in secure mode until further notice," said the school board in a tweet.

"Please know students and staff are safely together in order to limit movement and allow first responders to do their important work. We will provide further updates as available," reads the post.

No one is allowed in or out of the schools, and the NLESD is asking parents not to go to the schools to pick up their children. 

Memorial University said it's asking people to stay inside and limit movement, but has not locked its main entrances.

The City of St. John's has closed all of its facilities, and Metrobus is pulling its buses off the road.

Paradise has closed its facilities. 

The alert, issued at 1:39 p.m., came less than two hours after the RNC posted a series of tweets about a pair of shootings in the town. 

Police previously said two men had been seriously wounded in separate shootings — one on Uplands Road in the Chamberlains area of town, the other about seven kilometres away on Greeleytown Road in the Foxtrap neighbourhood.

Both men are in hospital. In the alert, police referred to three shootings but did not say if more people had been injured.

The RNC said they believe the shootings are targeted. 

Read more from CBC Newfoundland and Labrador

تم ادراج الخبر والعهده على المصدر، الرجاء الكتابة الينا لاي توضبح - برجاء اخبارنا بريديا عن خروقات لحقوق النشر للغير

السابق Postmedia to end Monday print edition of 9 urban daily newspapers
التالى Ontario couple's luggage returned in Europe with help of GPS tracker and a Good Samaritan

 
c 1976-2021 Arab News 24 Int'l - Canada: كافة حقوق الموقع والتصميم محفوظة لـ أخبار العرب-كندا
الآراء المنشورة في هذا الموقع، لا تعبر بالضرورة علي آراء الناشرأو محرري الموقع ولكن تعبر عن رأي كاتبيها
Opinion in this site does not reflect the opinion of the Publisher/ or the Editors, but reflects the opinion of its authors.
This website is Educational and Not for Profit to inform & educate the Arab Community in Canada & USA
This Website conforms to all Canadian Laws
Copyrights infringements: The news published here are feeds from different media, if there is any concern,
please contact us: arabnews AT yahoo.com and we will remove, rectify or address the matter.