Arabnews24.ca:Thursday 8 December 2022 01:24 AM: Raheem Sterling is expected to decide if he will return to Qatar for England's quarter-final showdown against France on Saturday.
The 27-year-old England star left the tournament after being told that his home in Surrey had been broken into, with items including jewellery and watches stolen.
His family was not home during the break-in but he wanted to be with them afterwards, as he was concerned about their wellbeing.
He headed back to the UK just before England's win over Senegal on Sunday.
It is believed he is willing to return to Qatar as long as he can be confident his family will be safe, and it has been reported that extra security measures are being worked through.
The Football Association did not give any update on Wednesday but the PA news agency reported that the FA had been given the go-ahead to look at the Chelsea winger's possible return.
The Guardian reported that Sterling hopes to fly back to Qatar later today.
More from World
Earlier on Wednesday morning, Surrey Police said two men arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary in Surrey were not being linked to the break-in at Sterling's home.
The men are in police custody, having been detained on Tuesday evening after reports of "suspicious activity".
Police said: "At this time these arrests are not being linked to an ongoing investigation into a burglary which received significant media coverage over the weekend."
No arrests have been made in connection with that, they added.